Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Beauty Blogger Of The Week: Kate Johnson Of Gh0stparties Reveals Her Beauty Blogging Tips

Beauty Blogger Of The Week: Kate Johnson Of Gh0stparties Reveals Her Beauty Blogging Tips | Grazia Beauty

If you're looking to splash on a new lipstick or foundation but don't know which to choose then head to Gh0stparties where Kate Johnson gives fabulous reviews and videos. And she has great fashion sense and rocks a bright pink lippy! Find out more about her blog with our Q&A...

How long have you been blogging?

It must be coming up to two years now.
 
What made you decide to start your blog?

I had my blog before I discovered the beauty blogging community so I wasn't aware of where it could go. It started out as a hobby as I was working in beauty at the time and I was always buying new products and testing them out so I started reviewing them online. It took off in a matter of months and I discovered so many amazing blogs and just kept at it.
 
What’s been your highlight so far?

There are always highlights, such as meeting new bloggers and working with amazing brands. I love every bit of it!
 
Are there any particular perks of blogging? Do you get freebies or invited to events?

There are perks like you say, but you have to work hard to get there. Blogging takes up every bit of my time and keeping up with latest releases gets expensive, so getting sent samples of new products is amazing and allows me to feature products on my blog I might not have been able to otherwise. I usually buy most things though as I'm impatient!
 
Where do you get your inspiration?

Mostly from my friends, they're all very stylish! Also, people I see in the street and just clothes I like and buy when I'm shopping.
 
Blog brag time: why should people read your blog?

It's full of reviews of the best products, as well as helpful features and the latest trends. Sometimes I even throw in style posts too... It's a pretty varied blog.
 
What advice do you have for anyone starting a blog? What skills/ equipment do you need?

Keep at it and be original. No one wants to see something that's already been done, and write a blog you yourself would read. Everything else will fall in to place.
 
Which other beauty blogs do you love?

I love Lips So Facto,  Vivianna Does Makeup and What Olivia Did - all great for style & beauty!

www.gh0stparties.com


Via: Beauty Blogger Of The Week: Kate Johnson Of Gh0stparties Reveals Her Beauty Blogging Tips